Job Description :
To assist the Legal Counsel in formulation of Policies and Procedures;
- Identify legal commercial risks in agreements and/or commercial venture(s) which the Company may get involved in;
- Draft and proofread correspondences and legal documents (such as term sheets, undertakings and contracts)
- Preparing agreements, including but not limited to, agreements for acquisition of properties, tenancy agreements, leases, management agreements, financing documents, commercial contracts and Company’s operational contracts etc.;
- Research regulations, laws, and legal articles to assist Legal Counsel in the matters he handles, when required.
- Provide general administrative assistance, such as, but not limited to, to assist with translation of legal documents as and when required, updating legal files and folders within the Company
- To assist the Legal Counsel in matters which he may delegate to the Deputy Legal Counsel from time to time.
Job Requirement :
- LLB degree holder and called to the Malaysian Bar. Min 3 years’ experience in conveyancing (property development and financing) and corporate legal matters.
- Proficient in Bahasa Malaysia and English (both oral and written/drafting skills.)
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and able to cope with the demands on excellence for the works based on instructions communicated and the timeline given.
- Hungry for professional and personal development and an avid learner willing to embrace new challenges and innovation (beyond laws).
- Meticulous, analytical, systematic and responsible.
- Proficient with MS Office (especially Word and Powerpoint), Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Sheet etc).
- A highly motivated team player with positive mindset.
- Those with only LLB, but with more than 3years experience as Legal Executive who performs the tasks above, will also be equally and fairly considered.